WINTER HOME MAINTENANCE
Baby, it’s cold outside
Winter is a great season for interior home maintenance. It’s a good time to clean out and organize closets. If you’re adventurous, why not go after the attic while it’s not 100+ degrees up there. If you have items to donate, try to get those in before the end of December to use for taxes.
Maybe you’re not into organizing, or maybe that’s already done. How about some interior painting? If whole-house is overwhelming, just start with a single room. A new color can dramatically change the look of your home.
Here’s a list to get you thinking about some of those items to add to your “to-do” list:
- Reverse ceiling fan direction
- Check the furnace filter(s)
- Install a programmable thermostat
- Make sure garden hoses are drained and stored inside
- Check for door and window drafts
- Make sure the crawlspace vents are closed
- Pick up a bag of ice melter for the sidewalk and driveway
“One of the best gifts you can give to an animal is a donation of a blanket to your local animal shelter during the winter months.”
Carrie Ann Inaba